1. Name and address of the responsible body
VMT GmbH, Stegwiesenstraße 24, 76646 Bruchsal (hereinafter “we”) as operator of the website www.vmt-gmbh.de (hereinafter “website”) is the responsible body within the meaning of GDPR and other country-specific data protection regulations.
2. Data Protection Officer
You may contact our Data Protection Officer with any data protection concerns at any time by writing to email@example.com.
3. Personal data
Personal data refers to any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Personal data also include information on your use of our website. This is usually done by the use of log files or cookies. See below for more information on the log files and cookies.
4. Purpose and personal data of the data subject
The extent and nature of the collection, processing and use of your data depends on whether you visit our website only to retrieve generally available information or make use of additional services.
a) Informational use
It is not generally required to enter personal data for the purely informational use of our website.
Instead, we collect only those data that your internet browser automatically sends when accessing our webpages, such as:
- Referrer (previously visited website)
- Requested webpage or file
- Browser type and version
- Operating system
- Device type
- Time of retrieval
- The IP address in anonymized form (used only for determining the location of access)
Your computer’s IP address is stored in so-called log files only the time you use the website and deleted immediately thereafter or anonymized by deleting the last digits. The remaining data are stored for a limited period of time. We use this information to operate our website, in particular, to determine and eliminate errors on the website and to determine the use of the website and make adjustments or improvements.
b) Use with other services
Insofar as you make use of additional services from our company on our website, you may be required to enter personal data for this purpose. Your data is processed only for the purpose of achieving the performance you have requested.
5. Usage of cookies
6. Cookie banner
On almost every website today you can see cookie banners, some of which have very extensive options. Why is this not the case on this website?
The answer is:
This site does not use persistent, automatically set cookies.
Most sites that use extensive cookie banners use tools such as Google Analytics, YouTube, Adobe Advertising Cloud or other advertising/tracking networks or external providers.
Since DSGVO/GDPR or at the latest, the ePrivacy Regulation, their use requires the visitor to be asked whether cookies may be set on their computer.
We use “Matomo” on this website. This service makes it possible to create web statistics even without persistent, automatically set cookies. These statistics are anonymous and are only evaluated, stored and processed on our server. It serves us exclusively to make the website more interesting for the visitors by, for example, optimising content according to their needs.
Other external services are either not used or are only authorised to set persistent cookies after express consent at the appropriate place.
This is done, for example, via a “Shariff solution” or by using appropriate setting options to operate the corresponding service without automatic, persistent cookies.
7. Analytics and advertising
This website uses the open source web analytics service Matomo. Matomo uses so-called “cookies”. These are text files that are stored on your computer and that allow an analysis of the use of the website by you. For this purpose, the information generated by the cookie about the use of this website is stored on our server. The IP address is anonymized before it is stored.
The Matomo cookie used on this website is a short living cookie which will be deleted automatically after the session ends (or if you close your browser).
The storage of Matomo cookies is based on Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO. The website operator has a legitimate interest in analyzing user behavior in order to optimize both its website and its advertising.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website will not be disclosed to third parties. You can prevent these cookies being stored by selecting the appropriate settings in your browser. However, we wish to point out that doing so may mean you will not be able to enjoy the full functionality of this website.
If you do not agree with the storage and use of your data, you can disable this feature here. In this case, a persistent opt-out cookie will be stored in your browser to prevent Matomo from storing your usage data. If you delete your cookies, this will mean that the opt-out cookie will also be deleted. You will then need to reactivate it when you return to our site if you wish your activity not to be tracked.
8. Webfont from Fast.Fonts.Net or Fonts.com
For the uniform representation of fonts, our website uses so-called web fonts, which are provided by Monotype GmbH (fonts.com or fast.fonts.net). When you access a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into your browser cache in order to display texts and fonts correctly. For this purpose, the browser you are using connects to the servers of fonts.com. By doing so, the provider becomes aware that our website has been accessed via your IP address. The use of Fonts.com Web Fonts is in the interest of a uniform and appealing presentation of our online services. For us, this represents a legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO. If your browser does not support web fonts, a standard font will be used by your computer.
9. Personal data are not shared with third parties
We do not disclose your personal data to third parties, unless you have consented to the disclosure of the data or we are required or authorized to transfer the data due to legal regulations or governmental or judicial obligations. Such obligations to disclose information can be, in particular, for purposes of law enforcement, security, or the enforcement of intellectual property rights.
10. Data security
All data that you provide to us will be stored on servers within the European Union. We secure our website and other systems through technical and organizational measures against loss, destruction, access, modification, or distribution of your data by unauthorized persons.
11. Your rights
You have the following rights:
- to gain access free of charge to the personal data concerning you that are stored by us (right to access)
- to obtain confirmation whether we are processing personal data concerning you (right to confirmation)
- to request us to immediately delete the personal data concerning you if the processing is no longer required and the other requirements for the erasure pursuant to GDPR have been fulfilled (right to erasure)
- to the immediate rectification and completion of inaccurate personal data concerning (right to rectification)
- to request restriction of processing of your personal data (right to restriction of processing)
- to receive the personal data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (right to data portability)
- to object to the processing of your personal data (right to object)
- You have the right not to be subject to a decision that is based solely on an automated processing of data, including profiling, and that may have a legal effect on you or any similarly significant restrictive effect (right to individual decision-making).
- to revoke your consent to the processing of your personal data with effect for the future at any time.
- to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe that the processing of your personal data is in violation of GDPR (right to lodge a complaint).
For more information on your rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer.
12. Deletion and blocking of personal data after the fulfilment of the intended purpose
We process and store personal data only for as long as this is necessary for the fulfilment of the intended purpose, however no longer than until the expiration of the statutory retention periods. In the event of fulfilment of the intended purpose and expiration of the statutory retention periods, the personal data are deleted or blocked in accordance with the data protection regulations.
13. Information for customers, suppliers and other third parties pursuant to Articles 13 / 14 GDPR
You will find this information here.
14. Information on Processing Employee Data
You will find this information here.